Ingredients: Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices turkey or chicken bacon, sliced into bits
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Sea salt & black pepper
*Add diced mushrooms, bell pepper, etc. if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Peirce the sweet potatoes with a knife a few times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, pan crisp up bacon slices, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until onion is translucent.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then carefully scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. (Use a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around before you scoop out the middle).
- Mash sweet potato into the skillet.
- Stir in salt, pepper to taste and half the bacon pieces. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set. Cook for less time if you like a runnier egg.