Ingredients: Makes A LOT (serving size: 1 ½ cups)
• 1lb 93% lean ground turkey
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 can no salt added corn, rinsed or 2 cups frozen corn
• 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
• 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
• 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
• 1 small jalapeno, diced (optional)
• 2 cups cooked whole grain brown rice
• Guacamole or diced avocado
• Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
• Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
• Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cook the rice as directed on package and set aside.
2. In a large skillet or wok, cook and brown up the ground turkey. Drain if needed.
3. Add the diced bell pepper, zucchini and jalapeno and sauté until tender.
4. Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes, cooked rice, taco seasoning and ¾ cup water and gently stir to combine everything together. Cook for a few minutes until warmed through.
5. Serve warm with toppings of choice.