Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
• 1 medium spaghetti squash
• Extra virgin olive oil
• ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
• 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
• 2 carrots, chopped
• ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
• ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
• ~ ¼ cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (adjust amount as needed)
• ½ tsp. ground black pepper
• Reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half from stem to end. (microwave first for a few minutes to soften if needed) Scoop the seeds and loose strings out from the center of the squash and discard them. Lay the squash cut-side up on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your squash. *Don’t overcook until its mushy!
3. Carefully use a fork to scrape the inside of the squash into spaghetti-like strands into a bowl. Leave the empty spaghetti squash shells on the baking sheet and set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add onion, celery, carrots and chicken. Cook until the chicken starts to brown and vegetables become soft.
5. Add the tomato sauce, buffalo sauce and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine. Let the mixture cook until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Reduce the heat and add the shredded spaghetti squash to the skillet. Stir well to get the squash coated in the sauce. Let the mixture cook for a couple minutes to heat the squash through.
7. Divide the squash/chicken mixture between the empty spaghetti squash shells. Sprinkle blue cheese over the top of each half.
8. Broil the stuffed spaghetti squash until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!