Ingredients: Makes 4 servings
• 1 medium spaghetti squash
• 1 zucchini, spiralized
• 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ onion, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup shredded carrots
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
*Add shredded chicken or shrimp for added protein!
For the Sauce:
• 3 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
• 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp vegetable broth
• 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp water
• 1 tsp crushed red pepper flake
• 3 Tbsp all natural creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. *If too hard to cut through, stab a few holds into it and microwave for a couple minutes. Scrape away the seeds. Place on a greased baking sheet cut side up, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 45 minutes or until fork tender. “Shred” the insides of the squash with a fork into a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mason jar, shake up the sauce ingredients until smooth
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add the carrots, onion and bell pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Pour the beaten egg and let scramble in the veggie mixture.
5. Add the spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash and prepared sauce to the skillet and toss until everything is evenly coated in the sauce.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped peanuts and herbs. Serve immediately & Enjoy!