Ingredients: Makes 16 blondies
• Nonstick cooking Spray
• 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• ½ cup all natural nut butter of choice
• 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, puree the can of chickpeas
3. In a large bowl combine the pureed chickpeas along with the remaining ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) and mix well.
4. Fold in 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
5. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan with a spatula and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into 16 blondies. Best served warm!